Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge
The Environdata RG12 Series tipping bucket rain gauge is sturdily constructed from stainless steel with a powder painted aluminium base and receiver funnel. The tipping mechanism is stainless steel and the design is rugged and reliable.
- 203mm diameter collection funnel
- Stainless steel barrel
- Easy barrel removal
- Easy to clean
- Robust, reliable, long service life
- Syphon-action delivery mechanism
- 2-wire Reed Contact version, or 3-wire Hall Effect versions
- Rainfall distribution monitoring
- Rainfall intensity monitoring
- Catchment monitoring
- Soil conservation
- Flood mitigation programs
The RG12 series tipping bucket rain gauge is designed to work in Harsh Australian conditions from the Simpson Desert to the Tropics of Far North QLD, to the exposed west coast of Tasmania. Utilizes non-corrosive materials with filters in the receiver and both outlets to prevent debris (e.g. leaves, dirt, insects) from entering the working parts of the instrument to ensure reliability and longevity.
The gauge is also fitted with a syphon to control and maintain a constant flow-rate into the bucket mechanism, this is specifically designed to enhance accuracy at very high rainfall rates.
The tipping mechanism is manufactured from stainless steel and aluminium and is of very solid construction ensuring that tips are accurate and consistent in volume. The syphon can easily be taken apart to clean, which means the unit is simple to maintain in optimum condition.
Environdata can supply the RG12 in 3 versions so there is a model to best suit your needs:
- RG12U 2 wire, Reed Contact model, simple to connect to your control system where you need a 2 wire connection
- RG12H 3 wire, Hall Effect sensing, for the ultimate in reliability and accuracy. The pulse output is stretched to 50ms in duration, debouncing is automatic, and your signal is clean and simple to read. This is the model that we supply standard with our Weather Stations
- RG12S 3 wire, Hall Effect sensing, for the ultimate in reliability and accuracy. The pulse output is stretched to 50ms in duration, debouncing is automatic, this model incorporates a signal conditioner to output a pulse in accordance with your system voltage and your signal is clean and simple to read. Perfect for Integration into your RTU, PLC, SCADA or control system.
Environdata also manufactures complete weather stations, and a standalone logging rain gauge, to ensure your weather monitoring needs can be met.
RG12 Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge (585 KB)
Tips for installing RG12 Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge (63 KB)
Back to Weather Sensors